2012/06/10

The Robots

On a cold, gloomy day when the sky over my head was an endless stretch of grey, I stood outside the house where I lived with my parents and my two sisters.

I was only six or seven years old at the time, yet even at that early age life all too often was painted with the same drab color as the sky over my head, and I could not help but wonder why I was here on earth in this cold alien reality which offered no comfort whatsoever.
I did not belong, so why was I here in a desolate barren place so far away from home?

As I stood there, looking at the house where I lived, a thought suddenly entered my head out of nowhere.
The message of the thought was as ominous and comfortless as this cold day, and as I listened to this thought it filled my heart with fear.

"The world is full of robots disguised as human beings. 
They are everywhere, in the streets, in the schools, at work, in your home, in your churches, in your synagogues, in your shops, in your hospitals, even among those you call your family. 
They look just like yourself, they talk as if they are your friends, they smile as if they like you, they act as if they have your best interest at heart, and as long as you go along with them they will show you the face of a friend, a teacher, a father, a mother.
Yet beneath the surface lurks something which uses the mask of human expressions to lure you in so that it can get hold of you, and begin to change you in its image, transforming you into another mask in the crowd, a human shell hiding a mechanical destructive force.
Be careful, for if they draw you in and they lull you to sleep, you may wake up as a robot, just as they are".

I did not fully understand this thought when it entered my mind, yet there was something very real about it. 
It warned me, yet I failed to comprehend what I should do to avoid becoming a robot.
I was not a robot and I did not want to become one.

'The world is filled with robots dressed up as human beings'.
Prior to that moment I had my brushes with some of the robots in this world, and even at that early age I had an awareness of the fact that this world is not a very safe place.
Even before my first day at school I had a deep knowing in my heart about the nature of this place where my spirit was sent, and I was very careful, even as a toddler, as long as I can remember.

One day as I was playing in the backyard, a stranger came by the house, asking me to come to him so that he might give me candy. My older sister, always drawn to candy like an iron nail to a strong magnet, urged me to go to the stranger and accept the candy. 
Yet, somehow, something within me warned me not to reach for the candy, and let it remain in the hands of the stranger.

I understood: the robots of this world entice you with their candy so that you come into their domain where they can devour your essence and supplant it with their mechanical cogs which make you compatible with their cog mentality and their cog-system. 
You become a fellow cog in the great big wheel, yet where I came from there were no cogs, only living spirits. 
How could I possible trade in my spirit to become a stupid mechanical cog?

And so, I let the candy pass, and I ran away, and I have been running ever since.
I do not want this candy, because it reminds me of what I was told on that cold day under the steel grey expanse: beware of the robots, because they exist for the sole purpose of creating robots out of other human beings.

In the days when I was still a toddler, I lived in a small village.
One day, the neighbors took a pig from their backyard, and I was curious about what they were going to do.
Apparently the pig knew something I did not, since it was squealing as loud as it could, protesting every step as it was getting closer to the backdoor.

Why would it make so much noise as it was lead to the backdoor of the house?

In spite of the protests of the pig, it was taken closer and closer to its destination, and by then the squeals of the pig were an incessant loud cry for help piercing my eardrums. 

Yet I was small, and I did not know what I could do about it.
What was I supposed to do, what was I supposed to prevent from happening?
It sure did not sound or look good to me.

I watched as they held the pig still to prevent it from running away, when suddenly a loud bang silenced the screams of the pig abruptly and permanently, and I knew that these people next door, which I trusted, had killed an animal they had fed and cared for.

What made them change their minds that they first could love and care for an animal, and then murder it?
Was their show of love and affection nothing but pretence, a mask they put on their faces to hide their true intentions?

From that moment on I vowed never to set foot in their house again, for I figured that if they were able to kill an animal just so that they could devour it, who knows when it would be MY turn to be taken to their back door, and to be served on their dinner plate.
I'm not food, and my personal ambition to end up on the wrong side of the dinner plate was non-existent.

Somehow, this scene from my childhood illustrated the nature and character of the force which drives the robots.
The robots pretend to love you and take care of you, they feed you and give you a sense of belonging and approval, with the purpose of taking you to their backdoor that they can kill you and serve you on their dinner plate.
That is the ultimate destiny of ALL robots.
Although they are rewarded for being good obedient robots, they make themselves blind with their rewards which hang as trophies on the walls of their comfort zone, because ultimately they too are taken to the backdoor and shot dead.

They do not realize that the trophies on the walls of their comfort zone hide the bars of their prison cell.

The robots are an integral part of the deceptive dog-eat-dog system, where every eater is eaten when they are served on the dinner plate of the hidden force within the robots.

I know that as an adult I look at these scenes from childhood from a different perspective and understanding.
But still, all the scenes of my childhood interconnect and spell out a consistent story with a deeper meaning which I did not understand when I was yet little, yet the message began to unfold its clarity to me later in life, as I was suffering from the damage in my soul and the part I had played in it.

Looking back across my life I can see so clearly the hand of the Director Who sent me to this school of life to learn my lesson and make the choice to love Him.

There are themes and scenes, some of which were unpleasant to go through, while others were as sweet as honey.
Combined they are part of the vision YHWH had for my life when He created me.

YHWH's school of life is meant to bring forth what He has put within us, His secret anointing we received even before this school came into existence. 

YHWH's school draws out what He put within us, the exact opposite of my experience with schools.

He put me in the world of self-devouring robots, hiding me among the robots and protecting me in the palm of His hand so that I might be made ready for the vision He had in mind. 

He has not ever imposed His vision on me, even though He could.
I have been given the freedom and power to destroy YHWH's vision for my life through the choice to either rebel against Him and thereby reject His vision, or to accept and love Him as my dearest Father and long for the realization of His vision, because since I know my Father to be Good, I know His vision to be the best I could possibly hope for.

Be aware that the robots seek to steal away YHWH's vision for your life by seducing you to partake of their candy, and supplant that vision with the projection of a false image of a pseudo-vision upon the screen of your soul.
To believe in the latter vision you first must doubt and reject the original vision, but if you do so, for whatever reason, know that you have traded in excellence for mediocrity, splendor for dullness,  magnificence for insignificance. 
You will have exchanged the wide array of colors for a uniform shade of drab grey.
Is the candy worth that price?

For each one of us YHWH has a vision of excellence in mind, and it does not matter whether you are having dinner in a palace right now, or whether you live in a cardboard box on the streets.
The vision is there, and we are being led to fulfill this vision, and when it is complete it will shine in its perfection. 

All we need to do is to believe, and live in acceptance of YHWH's vision.

You are loved, and do not led your circumstances lead you to doubt that and believe otherwise.
Everything happens for a reason, and we have to learn to abide in full trust and faith in our Creator, trusting in the fact that He has a vision for each one of us, and this is a vision of excellence, not of mediocrity.

And trust me, if you believe and walk in your faith, you WILL shine, and the robots will hate you, for you remind them of what they have sold to become what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment