2015/01/11

Psalm For Today

You Who are my Father,
Who gave me brains to think and eyes to see,
Who gave me a heart to love You and my fellowman,
You, the One Who is my Rock, my Stronghold, my Refuge

How long will You let Your Name be defiled,
robbed of its strength by the pawns of the Night?
Taking Your rod and beating Your children,
giving them Darkness where they hoped for Light?

I know that Your eyes cannot look upon Evil,
and Evil will meet its destruction in You.
I know that this world is deceived and adulterous,
and You let it have what is seeks to accrue.

But among those who walk on this globe
are the ones who have chosen for You.
Are they not punished and held up for ridicule,
all for the sake of loving You?

Some even find Death as their unjust reward,
for the crime written into their heart.
They hoped and they trusted, believing the Name,
the Name which they love and which has set them apart.

How this injustice cries out to Heaven,
pounding upon the doors of Your heart.
The tears of their pain have grown into a river,
crossing its banks with the grief it imparts.

Yes, You have shown me, Evil begets Evil,
suffering follows the trail of this host.
But when You take back the hand which You held out,
do not Your own suffer the most?

It is Your hand restraining Evil,
but in its absence, Evil will reign,
it is Your hand protecting Your own,
it shelters Your loved ones against the rain.

For Shadows vex and hurt Your children,
taking what's theirs to make it their own,
Increasing their wealth by leeching their victims
playing Dark games at the cost of Your own.

Your children bleed for the cause of Evil,
suffering under the terror unleashed.
How long shall You bear the pain of Your loved ones,
How long shall you suffer the boast of the Beast?

Yes, perfection is Yours and we all fall short,
and You are familiar with all of our stains.
That's why we come to You for forgiveness,
redemption releasing us from all our pains.

How long will You let us cry to You,
How long will we suffer under the blows?
Our tears are spent and our voice is broken,
When silence is all we hear from You.

Who is left that we may see,
Your Truth and Love, Your honesty?
When we look for our daily bread,
the Shadows will feed us their travesty.

They bring praise to their pawns of religion,
Who turn all Your words into magic gold dust,
They use all Your prophets to sell Armageddon
heaping up goods for themselves at Your cost.

Thus we wander through the twilight,
longing for the Light of Home.
Shades of Darkness around every corner,
where leeches smile and Shadows roam.

But I've made You my Rock, my Salvation,
Each day I cry with the Breath of my Soul,
Let all our cries for our Mighty Savior,
move Your heart for the sake of Your own.

Therefore I hope and praise Your name,
For You will bring to us Your Salvation.
I trust in Thee and look within
To find the Joy only You can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment