2016/08/13

The Shabbat

One of the most precious gifts I have received is the Shabbat.
I am not the kind of man who likes to follow religious or cultural customs, quite the contrary.
They feel like a yoke I cannot bear, and as such I have a reputation of being somewhat odd and different because of the fact that I refuse to join the group and set aside these customs.
I'm just not compatible with slavery and mimicking group behavior, and that has been so ever since day one I came into this world.

But the Shabbat is different.
I grew up in a Christian home, fostering such an adversity towards what I saw in my family, schools and churches that I made up my mind to never ever become part of that sick slave system, and find my own way in Life.
So when I was eighteen and moved out I also left that environment which I simply was not compatible with.
Church was for churchians, tradition for traditionalists, and school was for zombie idiots.
Let's face it, the educational system always has been geared towards turning out plastic robots for a society which does not care and which seeks to leech the last remnants of juice out of the Souls it devours.

But I could never set aside the Creator, even though I grew up in an environment which would make it easy for any sane man or woman to become a rebel against the notion of a Creator.
First, I knew for a fact that there was a Creator and that He was not an impersonal phenomenon, secondly there was this deep knowing that He was different and not part of what I saw around me, and thirdly I could never reject the existence of a Creator purely on intellectual grounds either.
Designs don't pop up spontaneously in an environment which is subject to the law of entropy whereby everything moves from order to disorder, they are the evidence of an intelligence which created them.

So, I sat down on my knees when I left my parent's home, and I said to the Almighty Creator, 'I don't know who You are other than by means of the descriptions I read about You in the Bible, which sometimes seem to contradict each other.
So, if You want me, then You have to show me who You are so that I can give my heart to You, because I cannot give my heart to Someone I don't know'.

During the years which followed He revealed Himself to me more and more, and I cannot believe the extent to which He heard my prayer!
As I grew closer to him, the intensity of the adversity also grew, trying to pull me away from knowing Him and set me up to rebel against the One I had come to know as my only true Heavenly Father.

The process of getting to know YHWH was one of revelation, the unveiling of His character, and at one point in that process He introduced me to His concept of the Shabbat.
It may seem so very self-evident to many Jews, but for someone who grew up in a culture where Sunday was regarded as the day of rest, and who came to hate Sundays because they felt like a frozen death state, coming to accept the Shabbat is anything but normal or logical.

In my view the day of rest simply stood for the rest we find in our Creator, and it really was not related to any specific day.
This has some Truth in it, but nevertheless, there also is a special day devoted to that rest, a day which is supposed to be different from all the others.
The rest we find in our Creator does by no means negates the seventh day of rest which the Bible refers to as the Shabbat.
The Shabbat is created for our benefit, a day when we isolate ourselves from all the stresses and slavish dreariness of this world, and enjoy our rest and renewal in Him Who created us.

When He gave me His Shabbat it was a very special gift, entirely new for me.
And I cherished it with all my heart, because it was His sign, a declaration of love for me and a special token of what exists between Him and me.
I have lost money and even a job over the Shabbat, because I did not want to compromise it.
So be sure I have been tested over the years in the matter of professing my love for YHWH and gratitude over the precious gift of His Shabbat, in order that the words I spoke and felt would be expressed and extended in my deeds in the sense that I would rather suffer worldly losses than lose His Shabbat.
In your deeds you show the entire cosmos what and who you are.

And I simply love that day!
No, I'm not going to mimic slavish religious customs, I don't go to church or synagogue, I don't do any lighting  of candles etc, I just make sure I don't indulge in slavish labor, cook meals, take phone calls, answer emails, I just enjoy being in I AM, and I respond spontaneously to whatever He wants me to do, such as writing this article.
It is a special token of His love for me, and that, as well as His intense presence, makes that Shabbat day so very special.
Yes, I never cease to be amazed over how the intensity of His presence can grow whenever Shabbat comes along.
My wealth and well-being I find in Him, and my love for Him is more real than anything else, absorbing every fiber of my being, and for His sake I deem all other things as garbage.

This Creation is waiting with longing for the Shabbat of Creation, the era when the swords will be turned into ploughshares and when Man no longer will be a slave of deception, and beyond that the eternal Shabbat of the new Creation.
Today there is so much injustice and deception around me that I am amazed we are still alive here on this planet, and that we still have not suffered destruction.
Not only in politics and their media slaves, but also within companies there is so much injustice and lies that there is no escape from this Evil garbage, no matter where you turn your head.

Unless everyone suddenly will repent, which I do not see happening any time soon, we are destined for destruction, and there is NO escape. 
I have predicted rivers of blood running through our streets, and that has not changed.

Companies have become ruthless and unjust in their pursuit of minimizing the cost and maximizing the profit.
But in doing so they really have minimized their profit and maximized their cost, because their injustice and their lies will profit them nothing at all, and the net result will be that the companies, their owners and managers will lose their lives in the end when the bill will be presented for the Evil they have invested in.
They will end up in the red, quite literally.

The same is true for the treasonous politicians who seek their own welfare at the expense of the welfare of the ones they rule over.
They have reinstituted slavery in everything but the name, and they willfully and deliberately are waging a stealth war against their own people by replacing them with migrants.

The media propaganda rules in favor of Death, only so that they too will come to reap Death in the end.

The education system tries to create slaves of Death, zombies, to uphold the system of unrighteousness, and so too will the ones working in the Devil factory where Souls are turned into batteries for the Evil Empire will be reaped during the harvest season when the Reaper will come after Yahshua judged them.

The entertainer slaves of the Queen of Babylon better enjoy the money they received for their prostitution, because the happiness they can buy with that money will be all the happiness they will ever know.
Whatever talent they might have had will be given to someone more worthy of that talent, and the talent which was stolen from others and given to the sell-outs will become the chain which keeps them locked in the outer Darkness when the time of reckoning is fulfilled.

The Shabbat is the celebration of freedom from all the tyranny I mentioned.
It is the day dedicated to Freedom, Life and Love in YHWH, a celebration of being the creative sons and daughters of the Most High whose ambition it is to bring beauty in this world and live by His Righteousness, His justice.
The Shabbat is the celebration of being liberated from the stress of Evil ruling over the preceding days.
The Shabbat stands for the freedom from Evil, the liberation from and destruction of Evil deception currently making Life so miserable in this world.

So when I wish you a blessed Shabbat I am wishing you something very special, something unique, a day when you can be filled with His Light, Love and Life, and that is what turns Life into the most special thing every created, a thing of immense beauty and meaning, because He is the only One Who gives meaning to all things.
Without Him, nothing has meaning and everything is an absurdity, but with Him, everything begets true and lasting meaning, and nothing is absurd.

So keep your Shabbat set apart from the other days, a celebration of things to come and which already are a reality to you in your Soul and Spirit, and cherish it, enjoy it.
Don't make yourself a slave to religious customs which go contrary to the Spirit of Shabbat, just ask your Heavenly Father to guide you and be with you, and all will be well.
Have a truly blessed Shabbat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment