2013/12/08

Trust & Believe


'Save me, O Elohim!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters, and the flood sweeps over me.
I am weary with my crying out; my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim with waiting for my Elohim.

More in number than the hairs of my head 
are those who hate me without cause;
mighty are those who would destroy me, 
those who attack me with lies.
What I did not steal  I restored.
O Elohim, You Yourself know my folly; 
and my guilt is not hidden from You.

Let not those who wait for You be ashamed because of me,
O Master YHWH of hosts;
let not those who seek You be humbled because of me,
O Elohim of Israel.
For it is for Your sake that I have borne reproach,
that shame has covered my face.
I have become a stranger to my brothers,
an alien to my mother's sons.

For zeal for Your house has consumed me,

and the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
When I wept in my soul with fasting,
it became my reproach.
When I made sackcloth my clothing,
I became a byword to them.
I am the talk of those who sit in the gate,
and the drunkards make songs about me.

But as for me, my prayer is to you, O YHWH.
At an acceptable time, O Elohim, 
in the abundance of Your steadfast love,
answer me in the truth of Your deliverance.
Rescue me out of the mire, and let me not sink.
Let me be delivered from those who hate me and out of the deep waters.
Let not a flood of waters sweep over me,
or the deep swallow me up,
or the pit close its mouth over me.

Answer me, O YHWH, for Your steadfast love is good;
according to Your abundant mercy, turn to me.
Hide not Your face from Your servant;
for I am in distress;
answer me speedily.
Draw near to my soul, redeem me;
ransom me because of my enemies!

You Yourself know my reproach,
 and my shame and my confusion,
my adversaries are all known to You.
Reproach has broken my heart, and I am sick.
I looked for pity, but there was none,
and for comforters, but I found none.
They gave me gall for my food,
and for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Let their table before them become a snare; 
and a trap to those at ease.
Let their eyes be darkened, so that they cannot see,
and make their loins tremble continually.
Pour out Your wrath upon them,
and let Your burning displeasure overtake them.
May their camp be a desolation, let no one dwell in their tents.

For they persecute him whom You have smitten,
and they recount the pain of those You have wounded.
Add iniquity to their iniquity,
and let them not come into Your righteousness.
Let them be blotted out of the Book of the living;
let them not be written with the righteous.

But I am afflicted and in pain;
let Your salvation, O Elohim, set me on high!

I praise the name of Elohim with a song;
I magnify Him with thanksgiving.
This pleases YHWH more than an ox 
or a bull with horns and hoofs.
The humble shall see, be glad;
You who seek Elohim, let your hearts revive.
For the YHWH hears the needy
and does not despise His own who are in bonds

Let heaven and earth praise Him,
the seas and all that moves in them.
For Elohim will save Zion
and build up the cities of Judah,
and they shall dwell there and possess it;
the offspring of His servants shall inherit it,
and those who love His Name shall dwell in it.'

-Psalm 69, a Psalm of David

No comments:

Post a Comment