2015/01/01

The Rocky Road

Who would want to travel a narrow rocky road when next to it you can walk on a broad, smooth road?
Very few would opt for the uncomfortable ride on that narrow road, except for a few.
They have sensed the destiny where that rocky road leads to, and they realize that the comfortable broad road is but an optical illusion of a road which in reality is a dead end.

So they rather endure the discomfort of that narrow road home than opt for the comfortable road which leads them away from their home.
The big lie in Christian circles is not in the denial of the existence of the two roads, but in the fact that the broad road is portrayed as the road leading home, or the fact that the rocky road will turn you into a perpetual smiling robot.
No, the rocky road is where the tears can rain down on your head and blur your view.
That narrow road is not always comfortable, and too often denies you the chance to fulfill your heart's desire.

Likewise, the prosperity gospel which teaches you that you will experience nothing but blessings in all aspects of life when you subscribe yourself to the teaching of that denomination is such a Christian lie.
They look for subscribers to this deception, because after all, who wants to walk a road which brings you hardship, scorn, contempt, animosity, pain and grief?

And yet, once you choose for YHWH you have to brace yourself for the fact that you WILL encounter your share of grief and pain.
All too often the opposite of what the prosperity teachers tell you will come to pass in your Life.
It is not something I like, it is not something I want for you, but it is something which is necessary.

Why is it necessary?
Because there is something very odd with the process of going through pain, contempt, humiliation, betrayal etc.
In order to be able to go through this process and survive, we are forced to look within ourselves for something -or rather- Someone greater than ourselves Who will be our Rock to lean on, our Strength Who overcomes our troubles for us.
It is then that our inability to respond with love to betrayal and meanness of others finds this ability not in our own selves, but in Someone greater than ourselves.

I cannot tell you how often I have seen this in action in my own Life.
Because of my own failings and my own inability to show true love, I have found it in YHWH.
The pain I experience in my Life drove me closer into His arms, and it is there that I found Goodness and Love, and in experiencing this Goodness and Love I was able to practice it my own Life by passing this Love and Goodness on to others where the natural reaction would be to resent and hate back.
In doing so, I became a vehicle for that Goodness and that Love, and it changed it.
It liberated me from the depressing grief of suffering injustice at the hands of those whose hearts are turned against YHWH.

This is how I learned and how I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that any Goodness in me, any Love and any Kindness belongs to YHWH.
He is my Rock, my Refuge, and the suffering drove me to seek shelter in His wings.
Any Goodness in me is His Goodness, any Love in me is His Love, and I cannot take credit for anything Good in me since it really is YHWH's Goodness, YHWH's Love.
Because I grow closer to Him it becomes the Goodness and Love others see in me, but the glory and honour belong to my Heavenly Father.

And that is why your choice for YHWH will invariably bring you your share of pain and grief.
It is not something I want for you, but I have seen the outcome of this principle in my own Life, and it is this outcome which is the treasure our Heavenly Father wants you to have.
The sad fact is that our Soul needs this stress in order to find the Answer to this stress and grow closer to the One who gave the Answer.
This process is the birth process of our Soul in eternity, and we need to go through this experience.
We need the Sculptor to sculpt His image of us in the womb of our Earthly lives.

So, while I do not wish any of you any grief or pain, I DO wish for all of you that you will grow closer to YHWH this coming year.
I will not lie to you by telling you that once you embrace Yahshua Life will be pure bliss.
But I will tell you the Truth, which is that you WILL have bliss in the nearness of your Heavenly Father, you WILL find your happiness and the love you need in Him.

The Evil One will set himself against you for making the choice to believe Yahshua, and he will seek to destroy you.
But don't worry, because you belong to Yahshua the Evil One can never do more than the measure which YHWH will allow into your lives, and you can be sure that any Evil obstructions on the road WILL be turned to Good and benefit you in ways which seem impossible when you face the obstruction, but which will be very evident to you afterwards.

Your Heavenly Father is the One who makes EVERYTHING work for Good, including the Evil you encounter on that rocky road.
It is a miracle, because that which was intended to destroy you actually is the very thing which makes you better, and which brings you closer to your Heavenly Father.

ALWAYS trust in Him.
Even when your heart protests, and you voice your complaints to YHWH, that's OK.
Pain can drive us to speak in anger to YHWH, but be sure that He understands and He does not judge or reject you for it.
He patiently waits until you have gone through the process, and His Love finds its way into your Soul, lifting you up above the pain, thus overcoming the pain for you and healing you.

So although you may feel and express words of anger over the injustice in your Life, blaming YHWH for allowing it to happen and doing nothing about it, make sure you do not harden your heart and persist in this anger, because then it will turn into a destructive poison to your Soul.
Remember Job and how he relented once he experienced YHWH's Love working its way through his heart and Soul  so that he even was able to forgive his friends who should have comforted him, but who instead spoke like religious adversaries.
And isn't that what the Satan is, the religious Adversary?

When you speak in anger and lash out at YHWH, make sure to return to Him and apologize, asking Him to heal you and help you overcome, and I guarantee you that YHWH is faithful and He will come to heal you and lift you up when you feel you should have sunk into the abyss.
Sometimes everything needs to turn to full Darkness before the fullness of the Light can manifest itself with maximum strength.

You will notice how your quest to find the answer to the pain brought forth YHWH's Goodness which is shining in you, bringing you closer to your home at the end of the rocky road, the road less travelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment