2016/02/07

To Pray For Or Against

Some Christians believe that we should always pray for everyone because Yahshua taught us that we should pray for our enemies.
Yet then we read the Psalms of David where he prays for YHWH to turn Himself against his enemies and destroy them.
'But that was BEFORE Yahshua came'.
Let's turn our attention then to the time AFTER Yahshua.
Is it not documented in Revelation that the Souls of those who suffered injustice during their lifetime ask when they will see vengeance for what has been done to them?
Is that not the opposite of what Yahshua taught, or are we missing an important element here?

Solomon once wrote there is a time for everything, a time to build up, and a time to tear down.
A time to pray FOR those who do us wrong, but also a time to pray AGAINST those who do us wrong.
The blind application of Yahshua's instruction without listening to what the Spirit urges you to do will never yield positive results, even if you continue to pray for your enemy, because you pray from the impulse of your intellect, not from the impulse of the Spirit.
And to be heard by YHWH, Who IS Spirit, you have to be moved by the Spirit in order to communicate with the Spirit.
Only in the Ruach (Spirit) can you be heard by the One who is Ruach.

It is the Spirit, the Ruach HaKodesh, Who can move you to pray FOR someone, it is the Ruach Who can move you to pray AGAINST someone.
It is important that you are not moved by angry feelings or simply by rote memory or a religious conditioning of what you are expected to do, but rather that you learn to step back from your own emotions and learn to listen to what the Ruach is telling you about a particular situation.

I do not always pray FOR everyone.
Most of the time I do, but there are times when I am confronted with such underhanded Evil persistently acting out its nature through a completely unrepentant puppet of Evil that I am moved to pray against someone.
It is not that I hate someone or act upon my own frustrations, not at all, it is because the particular Evil which is coming through that person needs to be stopped.
I have the authority in Yahshua to stop it, and from my side I ask YHWH to eliminate that Evil, bind it up and remove it from me so that it no longer can affect me.
I may ask YHWH to turn the Evil someone seeks to do unto me against the Evil doer, to remove that person from the position to do Evil.
It may be that I ask YHWH to uncover any hidden lies and Evil schemes and bring them to light so that the Evil deceivers are brought down.

Understand this: PRAYER IS OUR WEAPON AGAINST EVIL!
You may not fully understand how powerful this weapon is, but our Adversary knows this power intimately.
That is why he goes to extremes to manipulate us so that we stop praying.
If you pray for certain things and they do not happen, surely you begin to feel that prayer is useless?
Especially when you pray for something and the opposite of what you prayed for happens you may begin to feel that it makes no difference whether you pray or not.

I am here to urge you to NEVER put down your gun of prayer.
The Evil One does his best to manipulate your circumstances and people you meet against you just so that whatever you pray for fails to come true, even worse, the opposite of what you prayed for happens.
He goes through all that trouble to manipulate circumstances and people against you just so that you give up prayer and stop believing that your prayers have any effect.
You effectively end up laying down your weapon of prayer and the gunpowder of Faith.

Our Enemy the Adversary he knows that when you believe in Yahshua you become one of the Untouchables and you have immense power at your disposal, much more than the power of the Adversary.
But we tend to be unaware of the power given to us by our Heavenly Father.
It is to his own best interest that the Adversary seeks to exploit this lack of awareness and turn it against us when he manipulates our circumstances so that we come to feel powerless against the Devil and we lay down our weapon of prayer.
After all, if we pray, and the opposite of what we prayed for happens, if we pray and we do not receive an answer, surely prayer is meaningless and of no effect?
That is how he succeeds in conquering us and rendering us harmless to his empire of lies: by manipulating us into giving up prayer and faith.
And it is exactly that loaded gun which blows the enemy away.

I always listen to what the Ruach (Spirit) prompts my heart to do.
When I see someone who inflicts injustice and who continues to act out Evil deliberately, then when the Spirit moves me I will pray for YHWH to remove that person from the position where he can do Evil, and to turn Himself against that person as long as he continues to do Evil.
And I will persist in that prayer for as long as it takes.

That's the one missing element in the Christian idea that one should always pray for the enemy: there is a time when the prayer FOR needs to be turned into a prayer AGAINST, because YHWH wants to stop a particular person or collective from acting out Evil.
If I should pray against someone and it is wrong in YHWH's eyes, you can be sure He will make it clear to me that it is wrong to pray in that way, because He loves me and He wants me to do what is Good.

For me it is not different than for anyone else: I too am in a growth process of the Soul, and that means that during my Life certain ideas needed to be refined, some discarded, and other ideas which remained hidden need to come to my attention.
The growth process means I have to learn what it means to do Good, and to be a vessel for Good means that I constantly have to look and yearn for the presence of YHWH's Spirit within me.
And quite frankly, this yearning for YHWH's presence is as natural as being thirsty for water.
I did not put it in me, and just as thirst is the expression of the need for water of my physical Body, the need for YHWH's presence it is the expression of the need of my Spirit, and YHWH put that thirst for His sustenance in my Spirit.
I can't live any other way, and I'm sure that this is the same for every single one of YHWH's children.

It's important to realize that with the authority you have in Yahshua also comes a responsibility, so be careful not to begin praying against A and B and C because you don't like them.
Sometimes when I pray against someone it is preceded by a period where I prayed FOR that person, that YHWH would interfere and work in their hearts.
But there comes a time when the Spirit moves me to pray AGAINST that person because he/she persists in Evil, and that is when I obediently will pray against someone or some collective.

I always pray FOR YHWH's children who are my family in this world, no matter what.
YHWH will NEVER allow me to pray against them, because to pray against them would be to pray against YHWH, which would equal praying against myself.
Think about that for a moment.
We find ourselves in a difficult situation where even our existence is an affront in the eyes of the Fallen Ones who rule this world, and the closer we grow to YHWH and the greater our dedication to serve and love our Father, the more our Adversary will try to isolate us and make our lives miserable.
Our Adversary punishes us for being children of the Most High, he beats us for loving our Father and wanting to do Good, and he has very sneaky  means ways of making our lives miserable.

So we go through a time of adversity as long as we are alive in this system of exploitation which serves the great Lie, because we cannot conform to the Lie, we cannot go along and fit in the group of belongers who sold out for the sake of comfort.
And on top of that, YHWH's children are not group creatures but individuals having difficulty with adopting a group culture.
Because, that's not the way we function, we don't operate by and derive our strength from numbers, we derive our identity and our strength from our Heavenly Father, and it is the quality of that relationship which shapes us and gives us strength as well as a sense of belonging.

So we are the odd ones here who meet a lot of animosity and hardship.
And so we pray, also for those who harmed us, that YHWH will change their hearts.
But there also is a time we need to pray that YHWH will turn Himself against a person, a collective, a company, a political alliance.
When Evil continues to perpetuate its ways through its puppets do not be surprised you find yourself moved to pray AGAINST.

When that happens, simply obey and do what you must do.
We are the salt of the Earth, and sometimes it means that YHWH uses us to fire bullets at the enemy.
We are here only a short while (thank YHWH), and in that short time make it your number one priority to serve YHWH and do His will.
No, your career does not matter in the slightest, and the social ladder is built upon false dreams and expectations, so don't waste your energy on the pursuit of the big Lie.

As long as we are alive here on Earth we move through the alternating hours of Darkness and hours of Light.
We move forward on the offensive and have our strength and joy during the hours of Light, and we do our best to endure the suffering the hours of Darkness bring and we need to defend ourselves against the weight of Evil we feel is resting upon our shoulders.

Over the years I found that my prayers have changed.
Thanks to YHWH I gained more spiritual equilibrium and better discernment, and my prayers have become more of a weapon against Evil.
I constantly and persistently pray against Evil in my Life and the lives of my family members (and my true family are those who love YHWH with all their hearts), and as such I have changed my prayers from being defensive to being offensive.
Knowing the nature of Evil and how it thrives at our expense I love to attack and offend it any way I can.

It is said that the best defense is the offense, but the real reason why I active bind up powers of Evil in my prayers and pray against the Evil One is simply because YHWH moves me.
He has shown me the nature of Evil and how it works and expresses itself in this world, and based on what I have seen and YHWH's unction I pray against Evil in all forms.
And sometimes I must turn my prayer against someone, or something, and I obey.
The closer I grow to YHWH, the fiercer and stronger my hatred of Evil becomes.
No, not a self-righteous emotional type of hatred, but a hatred which is born from my love for YHWH and the awareness of what Evil is and what it takes to make it thrive.
Evil lives by taking innocent lives, and to align yourself with Evil means you share in the guilt of murder.

Ground yourself in Truth and be dedicated in your love for YHWH, soldiers on the battlefield who are here to serve YHWH and to grow in your love for Him.
I can recommend you read the Psalms David wrote and learn from him and how he sometimes had to pray AGAINST people and situations.
Don't look down upon David as if he did not know better!
He had his shortcomings and sins for which he paid a price, just as you and I also have our own sins and shortcomings.
None of us can exist before YHWH, and we ALL need Yahshua if we want to be saved.

David is described in the Bible as a 'man after YHWH's own heart', so if anyone should feel compelled to condemn David for praying AGAINST people or situations, think again.
Because, if David was urged by YHWH's Ruach (and I believe he was), then YHWH wanted David to pray against certain people and situations so that his prayer would take down the Evil they brought into David's life.

Turn your heart to YHWH and pray that He will direct the steps of your heart, just listen and respond when He moves you.
Don't say 'yes, but...'.
Listen, act, and thus show your obedience.
Prayer in Faith is the loaded gun in the hands of YHWH's own which allows them to bring down the enemy.
ALWAYS PRAY AT ALL TIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment